Applications Now Open for the 2024 Brain Health Equity Fellowship
SUBMIT BY JAN 5
Applications are now open for the Brain Health Equity Fellowship! The fellowship, which is supported by the National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN), National Black Nurses Association (NBNA), UsAgainstAlzheimer’s Center for Brain Health Equity and the CDC, will train a cohort of nurse professionals to be brain health ambassadors. Early career candidates, including nursing students, are encouraged to apply!
The fellowship will run from February to August 2024, require a commitment of approximately 25 hours total, and will include a $2,000 stipend. The Fellowship program is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Improve Knowledge: Provide you with tailored continuing education on Alzheimer’s and related dementias to address brain health knowledge gaps.
- Cultivate Leadership: Provide you with the leadership skills and content needed to promote tailored brain health education among your peers and in your community.
- Facilitate Networking: Connect you to a national network of nurses and experts working at the intersections of brain health, public health, and health equity to create opportunities for collaboration, knowledge sharing, and linking of local resources.
- Be a nurse or a student enrolled in an accredited nursing program
- Be a current member of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) or National Black Nurses Association (NBNA)
- Special consideration will be given to early career candidates, including nursing students!
- Fill out an online application by Jan. 5, 2024. No late applications will be accepted.
- Submit your current resume/CV
- Optional letter of endorsement from your local NAHN/NBNA chapter
Click below to learn more here and apply today!
2023 Brain Health Equity Fellows
Congratulations to the NAHN Members selected for the 2023 Brain Health Equity Nurse Fellowship!
- Roberto Molina Bon, Dunellen, NJ
- Sara Yvonne Jimenez, El Paso, TX
- Jennifer Sandoval, Chicago, IL
- Abraham Vargas Moreno, San Bernardino, CA
- Janelle Eradiri, Freeport, NY
- Lorena Perez, Chula Vista, CA
2022 NAHN Brain Health Equity Fellows
- Mia Alcala, DNP, RN, CNS, CEN - Oakdale, CA
- Susana Gonzalez, MHA, MSN, RN, CNML - Chicago, IL
- Mario Peregrino, Student - Los Angeles, CA
- Maria Perez, PhD, RNC-OB, LHRM, CHEP, HC - Hialeah, FL
- Dyanne Rodriguez, DNP, RN, MPH - Edmonton, Canada
- Luz Santana, MSN, RN, CMCN, ACRN, CGMT-BC, CDMS, CCM - Brooklyn, NY