National Association of Hispanic Nurses
44th Annual Conference
Peppermill Resort Hotel
July 16–19, 2019 · Reno, NV
2019 Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline: Thursday, January 3, 2019
The National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) is pleased to announce the 2019 conference theme and call for abstracts. This year, NAHN boldly address timely issues surrounding "A Climate of Change: Nurses Taking Action to Achieve Health Equity". The 2019 NAHN Annual Conference is shaping up to be the best conference yet with exciting activities and rich content. Join us. Be immersed in our diverse culture and experience all there is to offer at NAHN 2019. NAHN welcomes your innovation, knowledge, expertise, research, challenges and successes.
Abstract Submission Information:
- Abstracts must address the conference theme and objectives.
- Abstracts must be submitted through NAHN's secure abstract submission portal.
- Abstract submission deadline is 5:00 PM Central Time - January 3, 2019
Conference Learning Objectives:
You will need to list three (3) Session Behavioral Objectives in your proposal. NAHN's 2019 Conference Objectives are listed below, and the information submitted in your proposal should address at least one of the objectives to help set the stage for NAHN's Annual Conference.
- Describe healthcare issues facing the Hispanic population, their implications for nursing in the current healthcare system and the role of new technology in improving care for these patients.
- Identify ways in which nursing can improve care by using outcomes- based research and current best practices and learn how care improvements can be implemented in the clinical setting.
- Recognize the value of advanced and continuing education for nurses and quality education for patients in improving care, optimizing outcomes, and increasing satisfaction.
- Develop a professional leadership development plan that incorporates career goals and important milestones and applies networking and mentorship principles to enhance growth.
Click here to access the NAHN Abstract Submission Portal.