NAHN is committed to advancing the health in Hispanic communities and to lead, promote and advocate the educational, professional, and leadership opportunities for Hispanic nurses.
1. Provide a forum for nurses to analyze and evaluate the health care needs of the Hispanic community.
2. Promote the safety and the quality of health care delivery services for the Hispanic community
3. Identify barriers in the implementation and delivery of health services to Hispanic consumers and recommend appropriate solutions to local, state, and federal agencies.
4. Develop, test, and promote culturally sensitive models of intervention that provide effective nursing care for Hispanic communities.
5. Disseminate research findings and policy perspectives related to Hispanic health care needs to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact policy making and the allocation of resources.
6 Disseminate research findings related to Hispanic population to increase awareness of the specific health care needs of Hispanics.
7. Advocate for policy changes and perspectives- related to Hispanic health care needs- to local, state, and federal agencies in order to impact the allocation of resources for the Hispanic population.
8. Collaborate with, and provide assistance to, other Hispanic health care professionals in meeting each other’s established goals.
9. Represent in voice and action the number of licensed Hispanic nurses in the US.
10. Serve as consultants in providing culturally sensitive services to Hispanic consumers (patients, nurses, and students).
11. Identify barriers to quality education for Hispanic nursing students and recommend appropriate solutions to state, local, and federal agencies.
12. Promote the recruitment and retention of Hispanic students in nursing education programs, in order to increase the number of bilingual and bicultural nurses who may provide culturally sensitive nursing care to Hispanic consumers.
13. Advance the educational, professional, and leadership skills of Hispanic nurses in order to increase the number of Hispanic researchers, administrators, and educators.
NAHN Value Statement
We, the members of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses:
- Engage in respectful, collaborative, purposeful and positive dialogue in the interest of a healthy organizational culture that creates value for the organization and the community.
- Nurture and mentor our members by sharing knowledge, skills and resources to develop nurse leaders that will effectively impact the healthcare well-being of our communities.
- Strive for excellence and integrity, both in the profession and in our daily lives.
- Embrace innovation and forward-thinking, focusing on strategic outcomes that address the needs of our organization and our communities.
NAHN Purpose Statement
WE CELEBRATE THE CULTURE, CARING AND SPIRIT OF HISPANIC NURSES WHO ARE THE LEADING VOICE OF HEALTH IN OUR COMMUNITIES.